Zombie Nation 5K Fun Run/Walk!
October 12th 2013
12:30pm (gates open at 10:00 am) We encourage you to arrive at least 2 hours in advance to avoid crowds. Also to have plenty of to get your zombiefication make up done, and find friends and family!
$35.00 Individual runner/walker
$30.00 – Teams 4+ person (per person)
$8.00 Kid (5-13 years old)
PACKET PICK UP:
October 4th 3pm-9pm. At The Standard Martini Bar (208 3rd St, Des Moines, IA 50309). You can pick up packets at Water works day of race, and register day of as well.
You can register on packet pick up day October 4th. and again on race day the 12th. In the event we sell out of Swag bags, shirts, and medals, we will schedule a pick up day announced at the race! Late Registration will be closed on Saturday, Oct 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm**. Absolutely NO registrations will be accepted after this time. Request to modify any details of registration information must be submitted prior to this date. Refunds: Sorry, No refunds under any circumstance.
You must bring a signed copy of our participant waiver with you during packet pick up. Click below to print yours.
RACE COURSE/ INFO.
- Distance: Walk or Run- 3.1 Miles
- Course- We will have hidden zombies along the route at water works from the local haunted houses! They are put in place to scare the bejesus out of you, as you pass by. The zombies will not actually chase, or touch you as this is an age friendly course. Everyone loves a good scare!
- You might get dirty. Bring some extra clothes.
- It’s Iowa in October. You might need to bring warm gear if the sun doesn’t decide to shine that day. Our Zombie Nation after party will be an outdoor event. Be prepared.
- Course is designed for all ages and abilities, and leads all runners/walkers to the Zombie nation after party finisher’s area.
- Bring cash. There is one ATM on site, but you won’t want to get caught in line. There will be lots of great food, energy drinks, snacks, and adult beverages available.
- Spectators/ Fans can watch the runners/walker, and get pictures with the Zombiefied runners/walkers.
- We’ll have music by some of the best DJ’s around the area, so it’s time to have some fun!
- Parking is free . Its a large marked off area as you enter the back side of Des Moines Water Work. Basically, if you can’t find it, you really shouldn’t be driving because you’re blind :).
- Please look for parking attendants when finding your parking spots.
- Car pooling is encouraged.
- We encourage you to arrive at least 2 hours in advance to avoid crowds.Also to have plenty of to get your zombie make up done, and find friends and family!
Facebook and more up to date info!
- Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/
- Facebook Like Page: https://www.facebook.com/
Its our honor to announce that a portion of the Zombie Nation 5K proceeds will benefit Blank Children’s Hospital!